Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

First day of car learning lesson

This is an exciting day....Because today is my first car learning lesson day, which is also going to be my first post for my new blog....


Alright it goes like these...

I woke up at 9 plus this morning and waited for that uncle to fetch me from 10 until 10.50 am. Oh man, the time of waiting was really long until i almost cannot tahan. Because he (that uncle) was supposed to pick me up on 10.30 am but he actually took up more than 20 minutes to start the lesson in which was the time i wasted on waiting for him.

He took me to Taman Bukit Perdana 2 which is very near to the place where i am staying to learn some basic driving skills. The first thing was adjusting the car seat....which i think it is too close, but he thinks that it is quite okay(the distance between me and the steering). Next, i need to check the rear and both side window. Then, i need to check my signal lights and those buttons or whatever thingy( wiper and head lights) on the steering. Lastly, i put on my sit belt. Okay now i am all set to start driving. Yipee!!!

However, before i could start moving the car i need to know how to use the handbrakes and gear. I also need to know how to use the clutch, leg brake and the oil pedal. I was also asked to try the way to change the gear and the lifting of the handbrake for a few times. Now it comes to the best part---the driving part. I was so excited!!!

Actually i can't really remember all the steps clearly, so i'll just briefly describe. I stepped the clutch all the way down then i change my gear from neutral to 1st gear. After that , i place my foot on the oil pedal..
.remember i place only then i slowly release the clutch until the car starts moving. But before these i need to lower down the handbrake first. I think i was driving on the same route for about 5 times until he took me to another route. I also learned how to change gear where i need to release the oil pedal and step on the clutch again and changes my gear from 1st to 2ND and then releasing the clutch again slowly. If i need to make a stop at the junction i also need to step on the clutch first before steeping on the brake gradually. I ended my lesson at about 11.30 am and my right leg ankle part aches and i think that it has something to do with the distance of my seating.

It was really fun, i am looking forward to the nest lesson. In which i was
just informed by the driving school that i will have the lesson on tomorrow at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment