Search This Blog

Thursday, May 07, 2009

JPA's interview experiences in Kluang, intan college!!!

Hmm...~~~it was a wonderful experience indeed!

First of all, i really need to say that this is God's blessing that gave me this chance for this interview!!!

My interview was yesterday, which is 31st of March 2009, at 8 in the morning. The location was Intan college in Kluang.

I woke up at about 6.10 am. I left my house at about 6.45 am. After sending my brother to school, me and my driver who is also my father set off our journey at about 7 am. I really thought that I'll be definitely be late for that interview, but because of the grace of God i manage to reach there just on time and i actually found out that one of the car tyre paunched while we were travelling. My father left me there at the entrance and when up to find the parking lot. I went into the hall and check for my name on the list of names place right next to the door! Just as i had expected our names were arranged according to our birth dates, i saw an Indian guy's name right below me was actually born on the same date as me. After that, i went to the lady whom was in charge to sign my name and to hand up the documents they asked for. My room was panel 2 and my number on the list was 12. As for the attire, for guys, they don't have much choice, normally will be shirt, slacks and a tie will do. As for girls, you can wear baju kurung or office wear but please take note that your skirt must be longer than your knees. There was also girls that wear those air stewardess kind of dress. As for this year, the arrangement of the certs were according to the sequences on the paper printed out, because from past year experiences, some of them were different.

I waited for about 2 hours i guess to get my turn for the interview. There were another 4 people went in with me to the interview room. Which consists of 3 Chinese, 1 Indian and a Malay. Shock? Surprised? Me too. Ya, there were more Chinese than Malay in my group. Maybe it is just according to the sequences on the list. My number was 2. Which means that i would be the second one to speak.

There were three man sitting there! 2 Malay and 1 Indian...which means no Chinese. Anyway it doesn't matters to me! First, we were asked to introduce ourselves. The first girl was so bold enough to ask the interviewers whether she could answer in English where i think they wanted her to answer it in Malay. But i benefits from that too, because the interviewer also questioned me in English and i even confirmed with them whether they really want me to give my introduction in English. After that, when they carried on with the next guy they used Malay. That is why i said it by God's grace!!! Then, they continued to ask us what courses we are applying for. The other 2 Chinese wanted pharmacy, the Indian and Malay were going for medical and as for me of course is dentistry! I think after that they straight away proceed to the group discussion part.

The first question was in English. The tittle is about when we are on our way to the airport, we saw an accident occurred between an motorcyclist and a car. The victim is lying in the middle of the road and he is still bleeding. What will you do? Wow...what a long and lame question! It really puts me to the test men. Because I'm not good in descriptive essays. However, i was still the first to take the initiative to speak. We still managed to gather a few points. I even asked the interviewer to adjust the temperature of the air-con before we started the discussion. As it was really freezing cold inside the room.

The second question was in Malay. The tittle was watching tv for long period of time will lower the creativity and the thinking of a child. Do you agree with that statement? Alright, that is more like it. So, we straight away carried out our discussion! For the whole session, the four of us keep talking but only a Chinese guy remain silent until the interviewer asked him to talk. I think he may not get the cut. Because it is important to voice out clearly and loudly as much as you could during that session without dominating the whole discussion. Actually they didn't ask us to give a presentation after the discussion, they only sit there and observe our discussion. But it may be different for each interview.

In the end, we ended with a few points. But this time i spoke up less as my Malay is weak, in other words i would say it is really teruk. After that, the interviewers continue with lots of question, in which i really can't remember them well. The wost thing is that, it is all in Malay! So, all i could do is answer them bit by bit carefully hopping that i didn't mix my Malay with English. Hence, I'm stuck most of the time. But i think i still managed to answer him and he is able to understand it. Please be reminded that do not mix up your language.

Most of the question were related in asking you the reason and why it is better to study overseas than local. It is lame and very useless. I think it is not fair. Because the whole session was almost 80% in Malay, while the other panel was the opposite. That was what i heard from my friends in panel 1. However, the whole thing was already over and i don't think that i should bother it anymore. It is all now up to those JPA people and God.

P/S:

  • Always sit up straight and talk loudly and clearly with sincerity.
  • If you have any problem eg: the room is too cold ( for my case), you didn't get the question clearly. Please raise your hand and ask them to repeat it.
  • Take the opportunity to speak during the group discussion.
  • Always respect the interviewers eg: greet them.
  • Think before you speak.
  • Don't get too nervous. As it is only an interview, try to relax and take the interviewers as your friend as it is a normal conversation and enjoy the whole interview!
  • Take notices of the language the interviewer used during questioning. If they mix it up, then it is better for you to ask them what language they want you to answer it in.
  • Just be prepare with some current issues in case they asked!
  • It is hard to predict what they will ask and it may also be different for every interviewer like what i said in the above!

All the best!

I just copy it from my frienster blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment